The objective of the training is to create, enhance, and develop the young Palestinian
professionals’ capacity and equip them with the tools, skills, and knowledge in the fields of
environmental law and environmental entrepreneurship through conducting a series of lectures.
The one-year program was funded by the Palestinian Affairs Unit at the American Embassy.
The program goals and objectives include:
- Capacity building for Palestinian young professionals in the environmental sector, with
respect to environmental law, and environmental entrepreneurship.
- Providing the Palestinian young professionals with the interdisciplinary skills, tools, and
knowledge in the environmental sector to make them more competent in their domains of
- Support gender balance in the environmental sector by providing equal opportunities for
training among males and females in the Palestinian young professional group.
- Encourage environmental entrepreneurship among Palestinian young professionals by
providing them with needed skills.
- Elevate the interdisciplinary skills of Palestinian young professionals in the
environmental sector to strive with their regional and international peers.
- Strengthen networking among the Palestinian young professional.
Promote the next generation of environmental leaders in Palestine.
The program hosted Palestinian and international leading experts in the fields of environmental
law and environmental entrepreneurship to execute the training. The training increased the young
Palestinian professionals’ interdisciplinary knowledge leading to well-informed and confident
Palestinian environmentalists in the local, regional, and international forums.